Click here to edit t
Covid-19 First Aid Training Safety Precautions:
Although we have not yet reached the stage of community transmission of the virus, it’s prudent to put some general precautions in place now and re-evaluate as the situation changes. There are two basic areas we want to address:
Firstly, minimising the risks for staff, instructors and students attending courses.
Secondly, ensuring we provide students with information on what precautions they can take in order to keep themselves safe.
- if anyone is feeling unwell leading up to their course, they should stay home - they can contact us and reschedule for a later date
- If anyone does appear to be unwell on the day, instructors will have a quiet word with them and encourage them to go home and return to complete the rest of the course another day.
- If instructors are unwell, we will try to reorganise or reschedule the class or cancel if needed
- We can rely on people who've returned from any overseas trips or have otherwise come into contact with a possible case to have self-isolated or been isolated
- Students must wear gloves for any activity where they are touching each other. Fresh gloves for each activity – these will be provided
- Fresh bandages available each time their use is called for
- For the recovery position and other practical scenarios, students' faces shouldn't be too close together
- MediTrain courses will not include the demonstration of rescue breaths during CPR practice or assessment. Rescue breaths would be simulated in the sense of pausing compressions and miming the action.
- Keep an eye on our web site for any further changes.